Thursday, March 25, 2010

3 Months TODAY!!!!!!





3 months old!!!!!!

It has been 3 months since the day Jae was born. She was born on Christmas day and with all the complications of l&d recovery--family coming and going-and going back to work--it's all been a blur--UNTIL today. Today I felt like it was important be silent and remember all that the Lord has done for us. I didn't answer phones/respond to personal emails/ or turn on the TV--I soaked up everything moment of this time. We are truly blessed. As I sit back and think about how much has changed since meeting this little girl I can't help but remember each and every moment so clearly. The past three months have been some of the most precious and beautiful moments of my life. I cherish each and every moment I have with my daughter--even during the tough and yucky times---because I know she is a priceless gift from the Lord and I want to invest my best into her! I look at her and wonder if she'll be a big sister one day, an athlete, or a scholar (all 3 wouldn't be bad--I would be thankful for a college scholarship!!). I wonder if she'll be messy like me or organized like her daddy. I can't wait to start seeing her personality. But really what we pray for is that she will come to know the Lord as her savior at a young age so that she may experience eternal life and lead others to Him.

progress and development for our sweet family far far away:

When I say my baby girl is a good baby--yes maybe I am biased--but she is--I promise!!! Jae has really had a great sleep pattern since week 5.

She smiles a lot --at everything--and giggles at Dan almost every night.

She LOVES when you sing "itsy bitsy spider" after she rolls over.

She will reach for her toys-but isn't fully able to grasp them yet.

We take a stroll at least once a week to the west village for dinner---Jae just sleeps while eat good tex-mex!! (see Dan pictured for this stroll) We have also enjoyed strolling her down the Katy Trail in Uptown. She has become an urban Baby!!

She really loves having some alone time looking at her fan--you can actually lay her on her back in her crib and she will giggle with the fan.

Her schedule is eating every 3/4 hours. Eats/plays/sleeps. Just like that alllllllllll day long.

She sleeps around 8-9 hours every night-which I hear is great for a breastfed baby.
She has been smiling since week 5 as well. She also started rolling over at week 8. And now she lays in her little crib and watching her baby Einstein ocean life box and rolls over everyday.

She is in the 95% for both weight and height. She is around 15 lbs at 12 weeks--and has been in size 2 diapers for a few weeks---she is like her mama-she gains in her belly!!!

She LOVES talking with her daddy and enjoys talking with me. We get the best "girl talk" in on the changing table. She just stares at me--cocks her little head to the side--and squeals about something. I like to pretend she is telling me that my hair looks fabulous but I could use a bit more lip gloss or I imagine that she is telling me how horrible it is that she can't change her own diaper and can't wait until the day she is potty trained for her and for ME! Either way we have fun.

Yes her hair naturally stands straight up---this is from her daddy. I was told yesterday "at least she will have body in her hair and won't need a bump-it"! Ha-ha!

I pinch her cheeks every 2-3 seconds. I also kiss her ALL the time---she is so use to it now she puts her little mouth against my cheek. I LOVE IT!!

And Yes--I had her announcements done at 6 weeks and STILL--STILL have yet to actually send them out! Wow--I will at some point get my act together!



Jae also has really bonded with my sisters. They come to the apartment to watch her -Jami keeps her 2 days a week and Jill does the same. I feel better going back to work knowing that our family was caring for her. However Jami and Jill are polar opposites. So it's nice that Jae Beth gets to experience different personalities. Their are only two similarities with how they care for my baby---they LOVE HER TO DEATH and they keep her on our schedule which is awesome! Jami is super aggressive when it comes to her affection for Jae Beth. She literally attacks her--and for some reason Jae is ok with it. Jami is concerned and very excited about her development and works with her all day while she is here. Whether it is grabbing or responding to sounds--Jami is going to work with this girl. She even takes the time to study with her--Jami reads to her about whatever is in that MCAT book. Jill on the other hand is just very "sweet" with her. Jill gives her more attention that you can imagine---and when she rocks Jae to sleep it only takes a few moments. Jae really trusts Jill to care for her in a soothing sort of way. She also loves the sound of Jills voice--it paralyzes her--it's oh so cute! And Jae can't get enough of my Grandmother and Granddad! Grandmother had 6 so she knows how to care for this baby---and Granddad will sing and rock with her--oh so sweet to watch! My Grandmother and her even have the same feet--both have their 2nd toe longer than their 1st. Bev may also have this-I need to ask! I think I read somewhere that is the sign of a "strong" woman--I believe it! The 4th day of "child care" is what I call a "wild card" day. Right now my sweet Grandmother has agreed to watch her on this day. We do have a "plan". I say plan loosely because I have learned with my family and Dan's family---plans need to be held loosely--I like to think of it has allowing God to control things--and not Me! Anyway--our plan is for Grandmother to help on Thursdays until my mom gets out of school for the summer. She has offered to watch Jae 2 or 3 days a week in the summer time. So Jami would have her 3---Mom would have her 2---and Jill will be graduating from college in May and hopefully get her career in motion. So this Plan will be in affect until August 15th----then we will have to see. Our church childcare is on a 1 year waiting list! It's unbelievable--but I will just put this date in Gods' hands for now!

Happy 12 weeks baby girl---we love you and can't wait to see what the next 12 weeks bring!!!! I am in love!

All pictures below are from today 3.25.10





4 comments:

  1. What a great catch up post! And the photos. I think you need a photo of you two girls too, and maybe with her babysitters. How sweet that she gets one day a week with her Grandmother. Jae is too young to remember them but your Grandmother will absolutely treasure them I'm sure. And the photos - the one of her with one shoe, priceless. And check out those thighs - wooh! Her and Dan snuggling while she's literally grinning is just priceless. I know you must both love coming home to her, and how much fun she is at this stage. There is just something so sweet about them at this age, when they start responding and reacting.

    Can't can't can't wait to be there and see you guys. oxxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog post!!! I love updates like these! Man, she holds her head up so good when she's on her tummy! And I love her hair...no bumpits EVER! :) I can tell you are an amazing Mommy! And you are blessed to have family to keep your sweet baby girl! God has it all figured out, so don't worry! I should tell myself the same! Happy 3 Months Baby Jae! And I love her announcements...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post, Janae! I love all these great pictures of Jae, and I think she might look a tiny bit like you!! Caiden looked just like Pace until he was about 4, and now he's my twin! SO, maybe Jae will be yours someday!!

    We can't wait to see you guys next week--I need to hold Jae!!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! So cute! Pictures don't lie....there is a lot of love in this precious family!

    ReplyDelete