Thursday, January 28, 2010

Jae Beth is 1 month old!!

Jae Beth was 1 month old this week! We are still so raw at parenting--we take things day by day--and sometimes I have to take things hour by hour. Taking care of a newborn is hard! Well this week was fun! She had such an eventful week too! Jae started sleep 5 and 5.5 hours last Saturday!!! Maybe this will continue?!? Jae smiled at me on Monday morning!! Two of my friends from college came over with their little girls. Berkely is 10 weeks, Brenley is 6 weeks, and Jae Beth is 4 weeks old. We tried to get a few pictures of them all together--but my daughter was trying to eat Brenely and Berkley wasn't having anything to do with it. It was so funny to watch!! We had such a good afternoon together! Also Jae got a visit from her Great Grandmother and Great Granddad. They are SO good with babies. Jae also had her 1 month check up yesterday. She weighed in at 11lbs even and 22 3/4 inches long. She is in the 90% for weight and 95% for length. Our pedi told us yesterday that they do not think she needs to be out of the house until 2.5 or 3 months old. I even asked if I could just cover her to go to target or better yet the mall. He said that he doesn't think it's the season to do this--and for sure not to take her to church. He said it's the season for bronchitis and rsv-I told him I knew--I sell a respiratory drug! I sighed and said ok. It's better to protect her the best I can at the moment--that's our job. Anyway-it has been a fun week--but we are really excited for the weekend because Jae Beth FINALLY gets to meet her Aunt Nessie!!!!!

























6 comments:

  1. Her little cheeks look like velvet - I love the one of her smiling (whether she is or not I'm going to say she is). And I can see her belly button - last time I saw it it was still a bit yucky. You guys made it through the first month, you're doing just fine. And you! You look skinny! Good to get together with friends and family so you don't go completely stir crazy - spring will come and you'll be able to pop her in that stroller and show her off to everyone. Thanks for keeping us updated with photos. oxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all - I love the new blog design. It might not be new - but i usually read your in google reader so I don't see the backgrounds. Fabulous K designed ours when Harper was first born.

    I love the pic of Jae Beth and the two other little babies. Too funny how they are holding each other up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's grown so much! And I agree with Bev... You are SLIM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janae, the first few months of a newborn are hard, hard, HARD! No sleep, nursing, dirty diapers like crazy! At least Jae is a girl and doesn't pee on you like mine always enjoyed doing...then you gotta clean that up too! ;) There is light at the end of the tunnel! Hang in there, with the second it goes MUCH faster, so enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that God gave you a baby with cheeks! You're going to get YEARS of squishing those--I still munch all over Gray Gray's!!

    Happy month to you all--that first baby is an accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete